The perfect accompaniment to a crudite platter, Buffalo chicken wings or just to eat with a spoon. My take on the classic dip uses Brighton Blue cheese which gives a milder and creamy taste. For a more classic ‘American’ version, I would recomend using Roquefort or Danish Blue instead.
Blue Cheese Dip
- Mixing Bowl
- Dip pots/bowl to serve
- 300 ml Sour cream You can also use crème fraîche
- 7 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 100 g Crumbled blue cheese Plus a few extra crumbles for garnish
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Chives or Parsley Roughly chopped to present
- Salt and Pepper to season
- In a mixing bowl add the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and worcestershire sauce and mixed thoroughly until well combined and emulsified.
- Stir in your crumbled blue cheese and mix through with a spatula. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as required.
- Empty out into a serving bowl or smaller ramekins and scatter with the chopped chives.